Member Profile - Matt
1. Name or Nickname: Matt Horton, fatman, baldman, hey you!, Stop Police!!!
2. When did you start running and why? I started when I turned 39 as I was 130kg with high blood pressure and needed to get healthy for my then baby Ned (I'm 46 now and Ned is 8), I couldn’t run 100m
3. What do you love most about running? I love the feeling when finishing a big run, I love the people who are involved (special mention to PTR and Kirsten)
4. What can’t you run without? Pants
5. What is your most memorable run/event? I really love Wonderland Run Grampians
6. What is your favourite running accessory (shoes/clothes/other)? My Garmin Fenix 3
7. Have you ever been injured? Not badly
8. What keeps you motivated? The groupies
9. Your favourite pre and post run food? Beer and hamburgers
10. What is your next run event? Cathedral Challenge 21km
11. What’s your running dream or current goal? Finish Buffalo Stampede 42km as I missed the cut off last time and got the bus back to Bright where I found the beer tent and watched Kirsten make her play for La Sportiva Man, he ended up losing an arm from memory
12. Do you have any Pre-race routines? Not really, lube all the chafe spots well
13. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run? 43km at Surf Coast Trail Marathon
14. Lesson learnt or best tip for your fellow runners? Lube the chafe spots well, keep going , have fun , you are faster than the guy on the couch, have fun.........