Member Profile- Gene -one of our youngest runners
1. Name or Nickname: Gene McGoldrick
2. When did you start running and why? 2014/5 because I wanted to join Mum with her running. My first race was Seaford wetlands 10km... it was tough but thats what got me into running!
3. What do you love most about running? The adventure, experience and meeting new people
4. What can’t you run without? People, I lose confidence when I am by myself
5. What is your most memorable run/event? Surfcoast 2017
6. What is your favourite running accessory (shoes/clothes/other)? My Apple Watch
7. Have you ever been injured? No
8. What keeeps you motivated? Everyone I run with and the groups Im part of
9. Your favourite pre and post run food? Pasta and Pizza
10. What is your next run event? Afterglow (21km)
11. What’s your running dream or current goal? 50km surfoast 2018 maybe!
12. Do you have any Pre-race routines? Not really, just to warmup
13. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run? 30km. Leg 3 Surfcoast 2017
14. Lesson learnt or best tip for your fellow runners? Don’t stop, just keep going and stay out there Thanks Gene 👍