Ian Ferguson, an awesome addition to the PTR family and not only because he supplies wine at the top of hills.
1. Name or Nickname:
2. When did you start running and why?
I started about 10 years ago. I had retired from playing Hockey a few years before and had put on a lot of weight. Exercise was part of my diet regime and initially it was walk 200m then run 200m and it has grown from there.
3. What do you love most about running?
Group runs – the company. Solo runs – a chance to meditate and think clearly.
4. What can’t you run without?
A tissue in each pocket! (there is actually quite a long list as I am a bit OCD!)
5. What is your most memorable run/event?
For atrocious conditions – Queenstown Marathon. For enjoyment – Two Bays.
6. What is your favourite running accessory (shoes/clothes/other)?
Most probably a hat or a visor
7. Have you ever been injured?
Yes!!! Sadly the older you get, the longer it takes to recover.
8. What keeps you motivated?
Fear! If I stop, I’ll never get started again!
9. Your favourite pre and post run food?
Pre- Race – Yoghurt and Oat Bran Post race - Beer!
10. What is your next run event?
Hopefully Bellarine Sunset Run on 3 Feb (current injury permitting!)
11. What’s your running dream or current goal?
Do Wonderland in Aug and maybe one more Two Bays.
12. Do you have any Pre-race routines?
Go to the loo (several times!)
13. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run?
14. Lesson learnt or best tip for your fellow runners?
The best lesson I have learned from a number of my fellow PTR runners (especially during Two Bays the other week) is if you put your mind to something you will be surprised by what is possible