Member Profile- Andrew
Andrew organizes weekend runs with some amazing photos, and most likely to include cake or a good bbq at the end.
1. Name or Nickname :
Andrew or Andy
2. When did you start running and why? About 2 years ago when Sharon and Maureen told me about how good trail running was. At the time I’d just lost 17kg [because I was fed up of getting rolled back into the water by Greenpeace after having a surf.]
3. What do you love most about running? 1st - The great company on the runs, 2nd - The awesome trails we have on the Peninsula, 3rd The sensational views on those trails
4. What can’t you run without? Runners….I’m crap at the rock dance in bare feet
5. What is your most memorable run/event? Sooo many….Two Bays 28km, Cape Schank/Bushrangers Bay [with the swim] Sharpies Beer Run 21km….it’s hard to pick
6. What is your favourite running accessory (shoes/clothes/other)? Now it’s my Garmin 235 but usually it’s my camelbak or phone for pics.
7. Have you ever been injured? Nope….never fell over…...except that one time...LOL
8. What keeps you motivated? At the moment it’s training for my 1st 42km at the Surfcoast Trail marathon in late June, but I’m a sucker for any local run...just ask and I’ll be there if I can.
9. Your favourite pre and post run food? Pre - A coffee. Post - A BIG mug of cappuccino and bacon & eggs
10. What is your next run event? I have been doing Parkrun every Saturday and doing 2x long runs a week but as for an actual running event it’ll be with Johnny acting as a pacer in the DU135 in a 28km section.
11. What’s your running dream or current goal?
I turn 50 in June so it’s do these in that year: Surfcoast Trail Marathon 42km , Wonderland 20km, Two Bays 28km [we have some unfinished business after running around the dam and then just getting a DNF], Rollercoaster 20km, Sharpies Beer run 21km.
12. Do you have any Pre-race routines? I do now...I finally listened to someone's advice and I tape my knees so I have some speed down hill.
13. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run? 30km
14. Lesson learnt or best tip for your fellow runners? Surround yourself with people who can realistically motivate you to do things that are just out of your reach and have fun, then you’ll get there.