What an inspirational lady.
1. Name or Nickname:
2. When did you start running and why? I started running to escape physical and emotional violence in 2009. The time out of the house was time I could focus on myself and it helped me to realise I was strong and capable of doing anything I set my mind to. Due to injury, I stopped in 2012, and started up again properly in 2015. Running has helped me overcome a lot of grief, and given me drive. Since then, I've ran 9 marathons and 9 half marathons.
3. What do you love most about running? The people you meet, the adventures, whether they be planned or unintentional, it’s never boring out on the trails. I have a 'running family' that I speak to every day, and we help to try and keep each other accountable. PTR gives me a real boost! I feel privileged to be part of a like minded group that encourage and push each other to reach their goals and potential.
4. What can’t you run without? Legs and motivation.
5. What is your most memorable run/event? Hard to decide! I’ve narrowed it down to three!
I guess the Rome Marathon last year was memorable for the landmarks (Running past the Trevi Fountain and finishing at the Colosseum doesn't happen everyday does it?!)
My worst run ever was one of my most memorable too. GCAM last year was complete shite, but I had so much fun and many laughs with my running crew. Won’t forget that one!
Finally, Rollercoaster this year running with a great friend to help push me to qualify for Two Bays 2019 won’t be forgotten quickly! Made it over the line with 93 seconds to spare! Laid down on the grass at the finish line while Mandy Edlington took really shitty photos of me 😂
6. What is your favourite running accessory (shoes/clothes/other)? Berlei sports bras, my Hoka Speedgoats and my Garmin 5X
7. Have you ever been injured? Yep, had a stress fracture. Took forever to heal. I took off my moonboot to run a marathon haha
8. What keeps you motivated? My mental health motivates me to run, my friends, and having a goal to work towards. My current goal is to complete the SCC 100km within cut off. I have the lovely Tanya McRae crewing for me, should be quite an experience!
9. Your favourite pre and post run food? The night before I like to have something with hot chips drowning in vinegar, and post race I’m happy to have a beer or glass of sparkling.
10. What is your next run event? Tan 50km in June, and Run Melbourne half in July
11. What’s your running dream or current goal? My running dream is to run a sub 5 marathon. My best Mara time to date is 5:05:15 and that was at the Blackmore’s Sydney Marathon last year.
12. Do you have any Pre-race routines? I lay all my stuff out and panic about what I've forgotten, set a million alarms in case I sleep in, and I also force myself to go to the toilet 500 times 'just in case'
13. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run? 50km
14. Lesson learnt or best tip for your fellow runners? Don't tell yourself that 'you can't' because then you won't. Tell yourself 'you will' and it gives you something to work towards