1. Name or Nickname?
Macca. I've been Macca since Prep, and I've got close mates who don't know my real name!
2. When did l start running and why?
When my marriage went south, I needed to do something to occupy myself. PTR member Cristie kept at me to do Parkrun, so it started from there.
3. What do you love most about running?
I hate running. I hate the lead up. I hate the run itself. If my body wasn't so good at producing post-run rush chemicals, I wouldn't do it! Being outdoors and close up with nature I do like though.
4. What can't you run without?
Hydration pack. I'm a heavy sweater and have to stay on top of my hydration.
5. What is your most memorable run/event?
Melbourne Marathon was pretty memorable - I probably should have done some training.. My first Sharpy's got me hooked on trail running (& involved in PTR)
6. What is your favourite running accessory (shoes/clothes/other?.
Hydration pack, closely followed by my garmin.
7. Have you ever been injured?.
Regularly, and not all running related. I've got a niggly knee injury that annoys me, but it's not a show stopper.
8. What keeps you motivated?
Other running mates & acquaintances. Being able to prove to myself I can do more than I think I can.
9. Your favourite pre and post run food?
Pre - coffee. Post - alcohol.
10. What is your next run event?
Aside from all the PTR runs, Oscars 100 Hut to Hut. I'm thinking about Duncan's but I'll have to see how I recover from Oscars first.
11. What’s your running dream or current goal?
Current goal - Oscars. Seriously considering - SCC. Dream - GSER (might have to actually get serious for that one)
12. Do you have any Pre-race routines?
Coffee. Nervous pee.
13. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run?
The garmin says 43km at MM.
14. Lesson learnt or best tip for your fellow runners?
The body is capable of a lot more than the mind thinks it is. If you can distract the mind, the body will just keep doing its thing.